How do I know this if I am in TN? Because in one of the emails from my advisor (which I really do enjoy reading at the current time of 1 am) he exclaimed that this squirrel is back in action. Last week we had a horrible storm which knocked the tree down that the squirrel(s) used as a road from the ground to the roof of the house. After the May 08 storm that knocked the tree down, we thought for sure the squirrel(s) must have set up shop somewhere else. However, today my advisor noticed a squirrel was watching him the entire time as he was walking past the house today and decided to have a stare down with the squirrel. Because of course, what else would you do but stare a squirrel down when spotting one? After staring, the squirrel pulled his head back and ??? (I know...I know...what the heck happened next?-of course you will never know because I wasn't there to document the details). So my advisor's hypothesis is that he must use the powerlines (which are so close to my room that at any moment they fall during a storm, I will be in the hospital on 2nd street, please come find me and rescue me) to the house to get to the cedar trees to get on the roof. There are a lot of contingencies there. So what are we going to do? Set up DV cameras from 4 angles and let it run for 24 hours. Yes-this is how the lab works-believe it or not. So hopefully in less than a week I will get the cameras from the home study (of course the squirrels take priority over any infant project) and set them up to gather data on how our little friend goes up and down the house.
Look for the return of the squirrel part 3 in future blogs......
On another note...had a lovely lunch with Laura White today...very exciting to catch up..except I have a really bad memory. Of course Laura remarks: remember the time we went on a walk and you asked me if you should make out with that boy down the street? Me: WHAT? Laura White that was definitely not me (and I want names)!
Love ya girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment