I know, I know, I shouldn't say that but its my 8th year in college and jeez can't I just be done already with classes? Well the funny thing is, I am done with the doctorate classes and I still have 4 more classes for my masters (2 more after this semester). And man do I hate working on two degrees at the same time. It probably wasn't the smartest thing I've done but I only have a little bit more to go. Anyways...in one unnamed statistics class, I have not done any of the homework. Why? Because they don't take it up and if they don't take it up, then heck Im not doing it. I have too many things to do and the only things that come on my radar are things that I am held accountable for in my classes and teaching. Extra work? Not me, not this semester. All extra time is devoted to papers and analyzing data. So when I get this lovely email about said statistics class: I am going to call on you to ask you your code for homework problems on Tuesday. Hmph. Yeah ok. First of all, Im sure my advisers don't care about my code for this class-what they do care about is my paper that will be in their hands this weekend and my analyses that we have to discuss on Sunday afternoon. They don't give a shit about some R code that took me hours to figure out. I would love writing that email. It would start out with "Hey guys-so sorry I couldn't get the paper done, I had a lot of class work." And then I would be kicked out of the lab. For sure. So what to do? Well Im chancing it and not doing the homework. This has been my strategy for the past 3 years and its worked out ok. Update after the two classes I have...
No comments:
Post a Comment