Saturday, February 7, 2009

Best weekend ever?

So last night I was so excited not to have a GPSO (the graduate government that I am luckily/unluckily an officer this year and next) event. Ahh no drama for one night. Not one person (eh-hem, names will not be revealed here) will call me at midnight asking if I have their keys or wallet. And I won't have to think to myself that I should probably force some people to go to rehab and stay there for a year. And I won't have to stay out till all hours of the night.

So the plans were to go out with 3 friends for dinner at 8. I called one of my friends at 5 and said that I had to go to Target but that I would go over after Target to watch a movie and then walk to dinner (everyone and their mother lives downtown which is fun). And so my exciting Friday started off with a trip to Target for the baby lab. Yes, my friends and I have decided that I could be your infant's personal shopper. I know all the toys. Well I know all the toys that Target has in Bloomington and online at Toys r Us. But anyways I had a mission to buy some toys for my new project. About how long do you think this would take? Maybe 15 minutes? Well since I live in small town Indiana (aka Bloomington) I saw everyone and their mother. And I also got everyone and their mother's opinion on the toys I should buy. 2 hours later. I walk out of Target. It was amusing that trying to buy 2 toys could actually take that long and it wasn't really me deciding, its just apparently everyone from the Psych department goes to the mall around 5. On to dinner...fun and low key and no calls from drunk people. Today is going to be great...already worked out, getting ready to go to Marsh for the salad and then off to the lab to work. What else could be better?

Next week's excitement with GPSO: Valentine's Day Dance. SERIOUSLY? Yes, seriously. Its at one of my favorite places and they will have a band, but I just hope that it doesn't turn into some awkward thing...details about this super event later.

No comments: