This is another perk of being a doctoral student: trying to find support money. Its just plain annoying after awhile...constantly trying to find money for the summer, research, travel, even money to support myself during the school year. So apparently this summer, the lab (which has not had a grant in I'm not sure how many years) said they can't pay me for the summer because research money is their first priority..fair enough. I can't even apparently work for the money as the stats and psych department don't have any spots for teaching or taing. My advisor suggested that I take out a loan. Anyone who knows me knows that is not going to happen. So here is the plan......get ready...finding a job. Yes, now I get to work on my dissertation and work a job. Gosh hopefully I can find a job. So if anyone needs someone who knows something about stats, psychology, animal behavior, child development let me know. Willing to travel...willing to do almost anything. This nice summer job will surely not make my dissertation as strong but at least I will be able to pay for basic things in life. Oh yea by doing this I will now free up all that research money that goes to the infant lab...so I will definitely be saving the lab lots of money this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment