Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I hate snow

Yep, I'm definitely not a fan of snow. Especially today. I woke up at 6am to the beeping sounds of my cell phone to the IU alert system that said IU would open at noon. Then at 10am, I had another IU alert system message that said IU would remain closed for the entire day. So I was stuck in the bird lab with all of my work in my office in the Psych building. Did I do anything useful today? No. I washed all of my dirty clothes which is equivalent to writing a paper...and I made all my meals. Thats about it. Oh and Drew and I had a little fun in the snow.

Around 4pm, Drew asked me to drive down the driveway (its long-not sure how long) to the end of the road to make sure I could make it ok. Well the first problem was that I couldn't even get out of the spot I was parked in because of all the snow. So after backing out almost into a tree, I started to drive down the driveway. I made it all the way down the driveway and went down the side street and turned around ok. On the way back up the driveway, I got stuck and couldn't do a darn thing about it. So after trying multiple things I got out of the car, then fell into the snow which was about a foot deep and then walked back up the driveway to get Drew. Drew saw me in the distance with no car and started hysterically laughing. He tried to rescue me from the snow and decided that he should go get his car to pat the snow down and then I could drive up the driveway. After going up and down the driveway multiple times with his car, I finally made it up the driveway and barely made it back to my parking spot. Needless to say, I didn't get out today and I really hate the snow. I'm hoping tomorrow I can get out.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

what do you hate more.....snow or deer?