Remember that old saying that anything you do on a mac will work on a pc (pending of course it isn't some statistical software that is only made for pcs-which definitely does not count). I'm talking about powerpoint and word. People have told me that their files didn't transfer from a mac to a pc in an flawless manner. And I would just think, these people don't know anything about computers. And today I was proven wrong. Way wrong.
Task at 3:30 this afternoon: Load powerpoint (2008 of course) presentation from a mac to a pc with the old powerpoint and run through the 30 slides to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Take 1: no go.
Reason: movies crash projector (jeez, now I have to worry about the projector too?)
Next step of reasoning: Click Help. (A funny joke in the lab, if you don't know what to do and the lab manager is not here, click help). Make changes because help was helpful.
Take 2: no go.
Reason: movies keep crashing system.
Next step of reasoning: PCs are not my friend. Bring out the mac.
Take 3.1: why is the projector spitting out red colors everywhere? crap. I think I owe CISAB a new projector. I broke the darn thing....(minutes later with some restarts thrown in and of course by this time I broke into the frig to get a diet coke). FIXED!
Take 3.2: no go.
Reason: projector now hates mac.
Next step of reasoning: what if we don't put the movies in the presentation and just minimize to the movie on the pc? back to the pc!
Take 4: no go.
Reason: projector keeps crashing.
Next step of reasoning: convert movies...
2 hours later...the projector and pc are happy with the mac converted videos except some of the videos end early. well.....deal with it.
My first experience that not everything transfers from macs to pcs easily.
Can't you both just get along??
Tips Membuat Artikel SEO Friendly Dengan Cepat
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment