Friday, June 20, 2008

A little on the dorky side..

The psych department focuses on two major areas: cognitive science and anything statistically related (including modeling). You are lucky to get out of the department without practically majoring in both of these areas. During my first 5 semesters at IU, I formed a small obsession of taking stat classes and then all of a sudden had to stop on the binge stat classes run. Last semester I took one course which convened once a week and most of the time I forgot the class and the homework assignment-I was truly a horrible student and still managed an A. And then I felt a void in my life around March or so-no stat classes! No homework assignments that would make me surf the internet for hours looking for the problem in my code when I missed a freaking comma!! No more late nights/early mornings of staring at problems thinking the solution would magically appear out of nowhere. No more consulting Hil, Erin, and Adam (or sometimes cheating and making an appointment with the Stats consulting center-just kidding on that one). So the void is now going to filled with two more stat classes next semester. Im actually excited-time series and linear models!! Back to back excitement twice a week! And for extra excitement, I bet one will use MatLab and one will use R. Except I will probably complain about it around October when everything will be due at once but the thought of taking linear models and time series is exciting at the moment!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

that's sad....but then again I took tons of notes on differentiation in the classroom and the correlation between literacy and performance.

I guess we all have our things :-) miss you!