Thursday, June 12, 2008

You never know who your cat will make friends with...


Akasha tried to scale this big tree the other day as she was chasing a juvenile squirrel (do you think this may be the squirrel from part I????) up a tree. Now what the heck is Akasha (who isn't the smartest cat) going to do with a juvenile squirrel that's bigger than her? I'm not sure but I think the squirrel won again (can I remind you the score? humans-0, cats-0, juvenile squirrel-2) as it climbed one of the largest trees on the property. 

Stood outside to get the cats tonight and accidentally stepped on this little critter which of course freaked me out and I had to get a flashlight to see what the heck I stepped on. Slyvia decided to become friends with Mr. Toad and gave it the nonchalant sniff.  

Finally got the teaching times and luckily for all of us, Hil pulled through in a big way...she took both 8am labs. I owe you beer for the next year.  I can still do a songbird project next year [and take time series-which is exponentially less exciting]! 

No comments: